It’s my birthday this weekend!!
I’m not one to be shy of this celebration!
It’s all about the celebration.
This blog is in 2 Parts.
Part 1 is my thoughts on the importance of acknowleging your birthday and the very important celebration of you. Part 2 will be the Party!
I bring you Part 1
- Celebrate YOU! We don’t celebrate enough. Period. Birthday’s are a cause for celebration! However, I try to celebrate something everyday. If you find yourself saying “Yay!” to anything during your day, you, too, are celebrating. Go and look for something to “Yay!” about.
- Self contemplation. Who are you? Are you fulfilling your purpose? Do you know why you are here? What gifts are you bringing into the world? Yes, you do have gifts. Everyone has gifts. Self contemplation is your attempt to figure out what they are. What fires you up? What brings you joy? Your birthday is a great day for self contemplation. It’s all about you!
- Self Check in. I keep a journal. I also use the Desire Map Day Planner (you can find that and other great Desire Mapping products here) and I go back to my last birthday and revisit my thoughts. My goals. My plans. I take stock and I check in. I feel it even more potent than the New Years practice. Maybe because EVERYONE is doing that at New Years. Not everyone shares my birthday. The energy of change doesn’t feel so polluted. Questions I ask: Am I where I said I wanted to be at this time? Is there something else I need to do to get me closer to my goals? Do I still have the same goals? How do I want to FEEL?? Check ins are important. We want to be moving forward. Stagnation is death.
- Self Love. Might you confuse this with vanity?? Here’s a secret. You should be loving on yourself. I know it isn’t easy sometimes. Often, the important things we need to do for self are not always easy. One of my favorite displays of someone loving on themselves was Bob Proctor in The Secret, when he was smooching on his arm telling himself how much he loved himself, I swooned. It feels good to do. Do it. And smile big when people say Happy Birthday to you…a little self love.
- Expansion. Dream. Plan. Manifest. This day is a complete focus on me. What do I want? Who do I want to be? I am here. In this world. Becoming very connected to the being of ME on this day, helps to cements my place.
- Inspiration and Surrender. This last thought is inspired by the above Emily Dickinson quote. I have many mantras that are very powerful to me. I recite them daily, throughout my day. I am open to receive. I do so by being open to receive everything that life is bringing to me. In that way, I never grow older. I am constantly creating a new Allison by being open and welcoming of what is coming into my experience. I may not always like it. But it is ALWAYS there to move me forward, avoid that deathly stagnation and create a new me in thought, body and spirit. It’s the best anti-ager on the planet
Off to finalize those birthday plans. I can’t wait to share it with you!
Do you have special Birthday rituals? I want to know how you celebrate you! Even if it isn’t your birthday! But hurry!! Because if I need to implement them into my own plan, I need them by Saturday!
*The Pleasured Life is a Lifestyle Design Coaching company that can help you on your own path to living The Pleasured Life. We can coach you on your fitness and your health. Your nutrition. Your relationships. Your career. But our favorite thing is to coach you through is completely blasting through the self limiting beliefs you have that keep you small. The beliefs that have you remaining where you are right now, even though you don’t want to be. Our goal for you in each of your endeavors is to look at it and say, “Hell yes! I can do that!” and then do it.
Work with us today.