I have an abundance of Rhubarb in my garden. And I love it soooo much. Rhubarb Crisp, Rhubarb Margaritas.... But step aside for this fresh Rhubarb Salsa. On grilled chicken..... oh my goodness. Rhubarb has a lengthy list of health benefits as well. And did you know that it's a vegetable? Not a fruit?
- 2 cups Rhubarb Chopped Coarse, Small
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cored and chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Raw, honey
1. Bring a pot of water to boil.
2. Add chopped Rhubarb and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove to colander and strain. I ran cold water over the rhubarb to stop the heat.
3. Mix remaining ingredients together.
4. Add cooled Rhubarb and stir.